Friday, April 4, 2014

FROZEN movie party

It seems that the last few weeks we have had almost a weekly gathering of friends and family....
a party a week...
I love it!

Entertaining is a joy for me and I love preparing special/fun things for those who come.  I always wanted to have a home that people could gather at, we try to create a welcome vibe where all are welcome to come in. It is such a pleasure to bring a smile to another's face and have our home be filled with people we care about.   I also love to bring smiles to my ladies faces, so we planned a FROZEN movie party and it rocked!!!!   I think everyone had fun.



The girls and I did a lot of the preparations together. We made up a ton of blue kool-aid and poured some into the plastic popsicle molds we had. We made little goodie bags for our friends using the cute quote from Olaff "I like warm hugs" and Amelia set to work writing everyone's name on them(hahaha printing practice).  We also made snowflakes to decorate with, who doesn't love using scissors?!  I also have a ton of crafting supplies from when I was teaching (teachers buy a lot of their own supplies you know),  I have huge jars of sparkles from those days so we decided to pick up some little treasures from the dollarstore.  We then froze them with silver sparkles in ice cube trays.  We greeted our friends at the door and had them smash the ice cubes to find the hidden treasure. It was awesome!!!!  Again, the smiles that we saw made the effort totally worth it.

 

There were a few highlights at the party but one big one for me was when we had the kiddos form little groups and make toilet paper snowmen with one another.  I had precut the coal buttons and carrot nose.  We asked for volunteers and ended up doing two rounds because most wanted to take a turn.  It was adorable!  They were darling in their efforts to wrap their friend and those who got to be snowmen were tickled.


 

 

I would also say the 'icicle' pops were pretty darn cool too!



When we decided to have a movie party I immediately thought it would be fun to ask our friends to bring laundry baskets and stuffies to watch the movie in.  It is so simple but makes it special.  To see the dozen children all tucked into their laundry baskets, captivated by the fun movie just made me beam.  Again, all worth it!  The adults served them popcornin their laundry basket and I was so impressed that they kept the corn to the 'movie' side of the basement.  They were fabulous!


Fun times!!!

~ Momma P


No comments: