Gotta sleep together on non school nights, simply a must!!!!!
We have always read stories with the girls before bed, it is part of our routine (most folks do). I have sweet memories of bedtime stories while I laid awake on the top bunk listening. We would try to stay up until my dad got home from working his 12 hour shift then beg him to read to us. He read us Treasure Island, Robinson Caruso, Black Beauty and a few others.
Last Valentine's we gave Amelia 'Charlotte's Web' but didn't really get into it until after Christmas this year. The ladies pick what they would like to read before bed and lately we have really been hooked on Wilbur the pig and his life. We are nearing the end of the story and Graham was reading the other night will I tidied up and the ending always gets me....totally crying!
A friend shared that it is those family memories that one ought to imprint in our heart.
~ Momma P
No comments:
Post a Comment