Graham's good buddy Dion set up a group camping trip out to Carson Lake by Whitecourt, it was such a blast!!! So we had our first camping trip of the season. We are still recovering from Graham working the crazy 10 weeks shutdown and the highlight was honestly just being together. We sailed through the shutdown this time, I was proud of us all (I think it helps that the girls are getting older). We had greatly anticipated the weekend. After the Canada Parade we hooked up and pulled out!!!
We actually have a busy run of things coming up; this camping weekend, home for two nights then Jenny at Young Women's camp, Gramma Hinko babysitting and then right after YW camp a 10 day family road trip to Vancouver and down to Silverwood, Idaho. In preparation I had three different piles for packing, ugh I love me piles and things spread all over (insert sarcasm).
The weekend though....oh the beautiful weather, oh the goodness of old friends, oh the wonderful family time. The spot was gorgeous and the girls had a blast playing around our campsite in the mornings and then making our way over to Uncle Dion's. He had the hub campsite where everyone gathered and the girls LOVED playing with baby Jack and of course the pups that had come camping. It was just a wonderful few days. The beach was small and pretty busy but it honestly didn't matter because the woman had a blast :) We checked out the parks and Amelia even got to shoot a Bow n Arrow that a fellow camper had. Also a highlight was post kid bedtime (sorry kids) but it was awesome to hang out around the fire with our friends visiting. We all stayed up too late but it was worth it!
I must also note that I LOVE watching my favourite people be together!
~ Mrs. P



No comments:
Post a Comment