Friday, April 22, 2016

daily diligence


I had an experience while I was up visiting my parents where the girls' later bedtime meant cranky kids and a tired momma.  We were in a house full of other littles trying to get to sleep too and all I really wanted them to do was to fall asleep so I could go chill out for a bit.  Here is the thing, Stella asked if she could come up and cuddle in my bed (the girls and I share a room when we visit - me on the bottom bunk which is a double and them on the trundle beneath) in my haste I said no that I would just hold her hand. Amelia kept talking and again in my haste I cut her off in the midst of her telling me how much she missed our bunny Toffee.  Goodness, I have thought about that a few times!  My heart hurts and I didn't get it right, that happens #momlife.  The girls are growing and they won't always want to snuggle or talk to me....since Spring Break, since that night I have really been trying to change that, be less selfish and more present.  I set a little goal that each day I will gather the girls in my arms and kiss them, bear hug them and tickle them!!!!  I often do that but I want to DAILY, DILIGENTLY make that happen.

~ Momma P

No comments: