Thursday, April 13, 2017

Marching on into April~ random thoughts


Time marches on and there is just no stopping it.

Spring is on its way and that makes us all super happy!  The girls wore their Easter dresses we picked up when in Utah for Spring Break.  The bright colours certainly helped us feel like the promise of warmth has to be around the corner.  We are all ready to ditch the snowsuits BUT this is Alberta and last year we had snow in May so I am not putting them away quite yet.

I can also scarcely believe that we are thinking about birthday party themes and planning for the girls to turn yet another year older.  It is so darn bittersweet!  These gals are becoming these unique little women and it is such an honour to be their mother and help them through life, I just hope and do a lot of praying that I can be the guide they need.  Graham and I are beyond grateful for them!

Did I share about our trailer and the mice last summer?!?!?! I think I blogged about it, dang I am still a bit nervous to go back in there. Hoping to bring the trailer home soon BUT we have mice all around our yard, in our shed - yuck!  We have however started planning a few camping weekends.  I also have a super talented friend that has a similar trailer to us and has encouraged me to ditch the 90s floral print.  They recovered their trailer couch and table cushions so we are going to attempt to tackle that this spring once we haul our trailer back home. She promised to hold my hand for the process.  I also found cool wallpaper to cover the nasty floral stuff (Fun Fact: Graham and I like doing wallpaper together). Couple these redo plans with the nice blue bedding my mom bought for the trailer during the evacuation, it will be like new. Right? I won't remember the traumatic mice event of 2016.  Right?

Visitors out the ying-yang at our house.  It is a good thing, it really is!  Having friends and family in our home is lovely.  We are pretty thankful to have our home, a place where people hopefully can feel welcome and comfortable. I had wanted to keep a a tally of how may guests we have coming through and how many nights we hosted but I didn't start that in January sadly.  Just to record here for most of April we have different guests!!!!!  It is pretty fun. 

To accommodate guests we have decided to get Amelia a double bed.  Then great-grandparents won't have to do the stairs when they come to stay. I am pumped because any chance to update a space gets me all excited and happy.  We have been on the hunt and I think we have narrowed down our decision. More to come.

Our pup is growing and we just love this little fur ball. Of course animals are work but boy is she worth it! She has had a few puppy playdates now because we want to help her be a good, social dog.  Some of the challenging behaviors with Tony and Tula had to do with them being litter mates and thick as thieves but the other part was that we were young, ignorant owners.  Trying to raise a more well behaved dog this time.

Also on the animal front, we currently have chicks in the incubator in our den.  We have 24 pretty little eggs growing away!!!!

Life is good.  Perfect no, but good.

~ Mrs. P

No comments: