Thursday, June 8, 2017

for the love of MUSIC


 I am tickled that Amelia continues to choose to play her violin.  This was her third year and her growth has been pretty fantastic to watch!!!  The little lady is still shy of performing but she has a blast each week with her teacher Hazel. For her last lesson Stella and I were invited to the back deck for a mini recital and it was lovely.   Hazel was able to score her own music class teaching music kinders - grade 3 this year and we feel pretty lucky that she has still kept a few students.  It is my desire that our girls play for the love of music, the magic that you feel when things come together and you create beauty.  A few times I have picked up my flute and played what I can, sometimes I will pick through the children's song book and find the super simple songs and play them for the ladies.  It is a regret of mine that I stopped piano lessons.  I can't play from the hymn book and wish I could, wish I could easily sight read.  You know how parents sometimes project things on their kids.....sorry kids.....I am strongly encouraging you to continue with your instruments.

So proud of this girl! 
 

~ Momma P

No comments: