Wednesday, July 5, 2017

playing the part

  Summer vacation is so good for many reasons but I appreciate that there is ample time to play!  We have minimal commitments and although we do stay busy, sometimes too busy for my ideal summer dream life....they have lots of time to just play and I love listening to them.  Don't get me wrong, we seem to be in a season of tattling so it is not perfect but for the most part they are best buddies and they pass lots of time playing together.

Our little ladies have always had dolls and babies around.  They have played 'family' almost daily for many, many years now.  Something has happened lately where I see this vision of them in 15 or 20 years....being grown women, possibly being mothers!!! They talk about being mothers, how many children they will have.  I know that mothering and nuturing is not exclusive to physically being a mother.  However, they are constantly playing family where one or both has a ball under their shirt so they are 'pregnant' and the baby highchair/bath/craddle station Gramma Hinko ordered from Sears is well used, so are the wooden Ikea beds I painted a few years back. The play the part of MOTHER daily!  I hope and pray I can be a worthy example for them, I am working side by side with Graham to make our home a haven.  I have many, many short comings BUT I try my best.  I came across this quote on pinterest and it got me thinking about the picture above I snapped of them a few days ago. I also listened to a great talk from a BYU devotional last week and it has stuck with me; Women and Education: A Future Only God Could See for You by Eva Witesman.   They are learning from me, playing the part of mother but they are dreaming their own dreams.  These ladies have endless potential and opportunities ahead of them and I pray they learn and recognize what will be right for them on their life's journey's. 

Bonnie L. Oscarson - April 2015 LDS General Conference #lds #ldsconf #quotes
~ Mrs. P

No comments: