Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween 2017

 

Holiday's are my jam!  I am in love with the excitement leading up, the tradition, the decor, the clothes and the food (even though I am not a superb cook).  Children bring all holiday's to a whole other level and Halloween with the women was wonderful.  

We carved pumpkins on Sunday night for our family night and this year we tried our electric knife, itworked pretty good.  They picked the designs, pulled out the guts and then Graham and I carved.  They were so into the guts this year, pulling apart the seeds from the pulp, they are growing up.  In previous years there was excitment but they didn't want to touch the guts at all.  

I was able to spend Halloween at the school helping out in the classes.  Both girls had party lunches so we made 'mummy dogs' and then little ghost lollipops. It was so fun!!! The costume parade was pretty rad. Our rocker and ballerina looked great!


Amelia carved apples at Activity Day Girls, they shrunk and turned out pretty cool by Halloween.




Creating together continues to be a Polischuk girls thing! The ladies decorated mini white pumpkins, they did up the chalkboard and even helped create a new Halloween banner for the mantle.


We got a second hand pumpkin from the Nelsons and used it to make fruit kabobs for our dinner, whipped up some dip, sausage spiders, and pumpkin veggie plate.  The evening was so lovely!  Graham took the women out and I handed out candy at home with our Tessa, she was pretty happy about all of the action at our front door. We live in Canada so we had to alter costumes a bit for the weather, our rocker added some layers and our ballerina swapped it up to be a puppy.


 


~ Mrs. P

No comments: