I don't know if it is a bit of the post trip blues, February sadness or what BUT I have felt emotional and have been a bit grumpy this past week...ok now that I really think it is perhaps PMS ha. Today I pulled out bananas from the freezer because we needed more school snacks. I then started dinner in the crockpot, did more unpacking, put in some laundry, finished up some work phone calls/emails, worked in the afternoon with my NEWBEE group and then when I picked up the girls from school we had a post school commitment. Afterschool snacks in the car. Just lots of hustling!!!!! I looked at those bananas so many times today but I didn't get to them until 7:30 tonight while Graham read to the girls. I was not the mother tonight I should have been. Coming back from vacation and unlimited family time is always hard on our girls, I know this. They say they don't want to go to school and would rather be with us, oh my heart. They were just really grumpy and sassy before school and then again after, ugh so frustrating. After I pulled the last batch of banana muffins from the oven it was 9pm and I went to check on the ladies, they were sleeping so peacefully. I had wasted some of my time with them after school and this evening being grumpy back at the grump they were dishing out, not cool!!! This quote has came to mind, push myself to be the pulse of the home that our family needs. As the mother around this place I am the constant, I know this and I want peace and love to radiate here.
![“It is [a] mother’s influence during the crucial formative years that forms a child’s basic character. Home is the place where a child learns faith, feels love, and thereby learns from [their] mother’s [good] example to choose righteousness. How vital are [a] mother’s influence and teaching in the home—and how apparent when neglected!” –Ezra T. Benson](https://i.pinimg.com/564x/39/11/94/3911940b3eb293d0ac6d5cee3a18f291.jpg)
I think often how I get to build them up at home that they might go out into the world and be strong, share their light. It was just one of those days were I rested my head on the pillow reflecting and refining my mothering, BEST and TOUGHEST job ever!!!!!
~ Momma P
![“It is [a] mother’s influence during the crucial formative years that forms a child’s basic character. Home is the place where a child learns faith, feels love, and thereby learns from [their] mother’s [good] example to choose righteousness. How vital are [a] mother’s influence and teaching in the home—and how apparent when neglected!” –Ezra T. Benson](https://i.pinimg.com/564x/39/11/94/3911940b3eb293d0ac6d5cee3a18f291.jpg)
I think often how I get to build them up at home that they might go out into the world and be strong, share their light. It was just one of those days were I rested my head on the pillow reflecting and refining my mothering, BEST and TOUGHEST job ever!!!!!
~ Momma P

No comments:
Post a Comment