Friday, May 25, 2018

coloured hair - they care!


A fun birthday gift evolved this spring and we made it happen....
the girls coloured their hair!!!!!

Our friend Brianna is at hair school in the city just off of Whyte Ave and so our little ladies had a salon date (previously we had only gone to Beaners the kid salon).  We have little hair colour wands that we use at Halloween and at other times but when Amelia asked  about adding colour I knew Brianna would help me figure out something a little more permanent but not permanent, Stella wanted in on it too!!!!  It became part of their bday present from us.  So this 20 wash dye is what we went with. In roughly 20 washes it will come out, I can live with that.  It turned out so pretty!!!
I had a friend growing up who was one of seven kids and her and her sister were forever colouring their hair or playing around with style, I am shocked that neither became a stylist because they were that good.   I remember their mom saying that hair grows and if they wanted to express themselves this way she supported it.  I have always thought about how hair is non permanent and can be a fun expression.  I love doing my ladies hair, it has honestly been one of the sweet pleasures of motherhood for me but as they are growing they don't really want briads or intricate twists so this salon date was fun for me too!  I totally dig how great the smiles were!!!!


~ Mrs. P

No comments: