So one of the things that I have learned since becoming a mom is that to keep my sanity I must adjust the expectations I have of myself and really try not to feel too bad. Thus only minimal regret at my lack of blogging. I started this blog sorta for my family to follow but mostly because you can get blogs printed and I thought it was a fabulous way to journal with pictures thrown in. So as is the way of life that which we do for ourselves usually comes last...thus no entries for a long time.
This fall has been fun! Amelia has grown immensely and has been a joy!!!!! She is such a darling little girl and I feel blessed each day that she is part of our forever family. So fun to watch her grow and change. So the highlights....
Oilers Hockey
We still have season's tickets but the attendance has gone way down. Amelia has had her first game though as documented below. Such fun! We have ear protection for the little woman, which she doesn't mind and is mighty adorable I think. We also sit pretty close to a family room so her and I can sneak off to eat, this is nice.
Visiting Medicine Hat & Lethbridge
So Alyson and I have BFF's in the Hat and Lethbridge so took a little road trip this fall with our wee ladies. The little woman on the left is Ember, Amy's lady. We had a blast, visiting and enjoying time together. Travel is certainly different with kids but still worth it. Ember and our ladies got along really good which was adorable to see. Also on this trip Jacey fell in love with Manda's dog Cody, like reached out and wanted to pet the little guy. It was wonderful, a big deal for the bird girl.
So Alyson and I have BFF's in the Hat and Lethbridge so took a little road trip this fall with our wee ladies. The little woman on the left is Ember, Amy's lady. We had a blast, visiting and enjoying time together. Travel is certainly different with kids but still worth it. Ember and our ladies got along really good which was adorable to see. Also on this trip Jacey fell in love with Manda's dog Cody, like reached out and wanted to pet the little guy. It was wonderful, a big deal for the bird girl.
Halloween
So the Bumble Bee costume was cute but Amelia really just loved trying catch those balls dangling infront of her, it was super cute. We all got dressed up - even Graham and attended cousin Kingston's first Birthday! Good times!!! Leslie did a great job decorating, carving a huge pumpkin, a Halloween gift bag and making his cake. A lucky little boy!!!! My sister's have set a high bar as wonderful mothers, I have alot to live up to.

Sunday photo shoots have almost become a tradition. How can I not take pics of this sweet lady!!! She looks fabulous and she's ours, seriously I still have to pinch myself sometimes.
Big Girl Food aka Cereal
So our baby is growing, she's eating cereal and we've began adding various fruit and veggies. Ohhh how quickly the time has flown. The pic below captures a classic 'Amelia face' were it leaves us wondering what she thinks of her parents. Adorable but pretty serious!!! She is doing fabulous with eating now. We are very lucky.
Sunday photo shoots have almost become a tradition. How can I not take pics of this sweet lady!!! She looks fabulous and she's ours, seriously I still have to pinch myself sometimes.
Smiles
Our serious Amelia has began giving smiles!!! Yahhhh Graham and I can get a little grin almost always. It warms our heart and we adore her toothless grin, we just have to kiss her.
New Moms Group
Joining this group is totally on the list for a new mom 'must do'!!! Although I have great sisters and fabulous friends being part of this group has been a wonderful resource. There are 12 women with 12 babies born within 8 weeks of each other. The little people are so cute and it's been fun to watch them change and grow. The moms are mature and conscientious, researchers and readers, totally the type of women you love to know. The picture below was taken at the Health Unit, where we had six classes. We decided to continue to meet each week and it has been great! Amelia and I have had a busy December and we haven't gotten to hang out with them much and I truly miss them. I think it's going to kinda suck when the babies turn a year and most go back to work, I enjoy them tons!!!
Trip pics and Christmas pics to come!!!!
Life is good! ~Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment