We had spring weather...until today!!
Dum dum dum alas winter has returned. I think the picture below looks more like mid-January not mid-April but hey we live in Canada why should I expect any different. On a positive note Tula's spring puppy presents are all covered again with beautiful white snow and really when I look out my kitchen window the field does look rather beautiful. This is the view from our front door. After having a fevering little lady the past four days I really, really needed an escape snow or not. We both got dressed, I actually showered and we dug out our winter wear. This was no day for Mia to wear her rubber boots or me to venture out in my ballet flats. I had to get out of the house.
A friend made this adorable hat for Miss Amelia and with the snow it was rather appropriate that she wear it today. Amelia is no longer running a fever but has a sore throat and a cough that may linger, luckily she finally had a good night sleep and is having her second nap of the day as I write this. She has mostly been a one nap a day kinda girl since about 18months but she is fighting this bug with rest, hey work it little lady. Today is also the first day this week that she has allowed me to do things other then hold her, it really has been kinda sweet but a challenge at the same time if that makes sense. She will ask for 'hugs' and will reach up to me saying 'hand come'...how can my heart not melt. I really do miss Mr. P though, goodness having a sick person and being alone is no fun, I have such respect for single parents, military families or families where a parent has to work away....not fun.
In other exciting news (excuse the gross picture) this picture captures the third day that this has occured before Miss Mia hops into the 'bafff'. How awesome is that?! She received this potty for Christmas and has a little sit down before her bath each night. Until this week we have NOT had any pee actually occur in the potty, twice on the floor and once in the hall. Monumental, I think so!!!! I of course made a big deal, clapped, let her choose a sticker and she was so happy that she kept wanting to hug me. Maybe it clicked. I was proud. Really though I am sooooo not pushing or stressing this, just celebrating pee! Having listened to many a friend and their potty training war stories I am determined to fight my Type A personality and follow her lead.
I should start some supper. It is so hard to be super motivated when there is no Mr. P around, I think we'll clean out the fridge and nibble on leftovers. I'll do something domestic when Graham is home from Cold Lake tomorrow. ~Jenny
2 comments:
Hooray for a pee in the potty! She's growing up fast!! :)
Pee pee in the potty!! WAHOO, the lady has done it! Exciting, hope Graham gets home soon to relieve you. =) - A
Post a Comment