It was wonderful to visit and laugh (which you always do with Alyson and Jon) but the highlight was watching Miss Jacey Bird. Firstly, she has previously hated grass with a gag and choke kind of hate but as the picture shows when we tried again she was fine with it! Secondly, the thing that still makes tears come is that I stood her up to walk over to the swing set where Mia and the neighbor boy 'Bill' were playing and SHE LIFTED AND BENT HER KNEES!!!!!!!! Typically the bending, stepping movement is done with the help of Alyson or her physio/OT people but today the motivation was so great that she literally lifted and walked forward with me just holding her hands. It was amazing, seriously the highlight of our week!!! We were able to capture it on the camera in video which is awesome. It gave us just another huge reason to celebrate the day!
~Mrs. P
4 comments:
Oooh Bad Mom Award that I haven't posted it even yet! Still brings tears also. So proud! I am still trying to upload the video and when it doesn't go I get frustrated and then don't even post. I need to! Thanks Jen, Love ya A
SO exciting!! Yay for miss Jacey!
Jacey has such a great spirit. we are excited!
Both Jacey and Mia are getting so big!! I cannot believe how fast they are growing. :D
Post a Comment