One of my favourite things about Fort Saskatchewan is the quaint Farmer's Market that happens each week. I seriously look forward to it every spring.
I love a few things about it:
* you can buy fresh produce from locals (not being a gardener I 'dig' this hehehe)
* things are unique and handmade (I love finding cool things to wear or for our home)
* sellers are often mom-entrepreneurs which I love to support
* buskers play lovely music (one of Graham's boys from church plays the harp each week)
* it is outside so we enjoy the summer weather
* we can have dinner there as a family which can consist of hot dogs (supporting the boys n girls club) or Mexican or donuts and lemonade if we choose!
The market isn't massive or really busy but it makes for a fun thing to do as a family each week. Amelia was even given a sunflower by one of the sellers, so kind! The local Farmer's Market is definitely one of my favourite things of summer.
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment