First, smiles and sister love...they are totally my world!! Oh and Mr.P too!
This is also to serve as a reminder to myself.
We live a life with easy access to cool ideas on Pinterest, great ways to keep in touch via Facebook, Twitter or Blogs and with Google we can pretty much find anything. So I have adopted a personal philosophy as I use these various tools; BE ENCOURAGED NOT DISCOURAGED!
There are fabulous ideas out in the world for whatever interests you; cooking, home decor, crafting, kiddo stuff, really the list is endless. I recently discovered Youtube for hair ideas, crazy that it took me this long to discover that (thanks Elyse)!!!
Anyway, when we see cool things that others are doing it can be easy to feel discouraged that we aren't as good at _______ BUT each of us has our own talents, strengths, priorities and interests. We need not compare. I read once that this lady had taught herself to just appreciate beautiful things when she saw them instead of feeling the need to own them, bahhhh I should work on that! I love that thought though, SIMPLY APPRECIATING the cool idea, the beautifully decorated room, the awesome hairstyle, fun kiddo activity or interesting recipe... we need not ALWAYS do it or make it! For sure there are things that we see our friends do on Facebook or follow a blog that shows something totally rad we feel inspired to do with our family. That is the point though to BE INSPIRED NOT BUMMED. Just a few thoughts on keeping it positive!!!
~ Mrs.P
No comments:
Post a Comment