Monday, May 19, 2014

May Long Weekend Camping

 Had our first weekend out camping for 2014 and once we left the driveway I would say it is awesome!!!! The prep work is not so much fun, for the mom or the dad...as we drove away Graham said "let's wipe the preparation from our memory". True that!!  The driving was even great, I finished a book this weekend.  Once we arrived at Lac La Nonne it got pretty great.  Scott (Graham's Best Man n Long Time Friend) and Marcie were super gracious and so good with our ladies.  The weather ended up being fantastic, which is always a great.  A few other friends and some of their family came out, it was just super fun. The girls played all day long, it was awesome to watch them play outside!

Food has also been fun!  We tried a few new things and I am getting into the fun of camp cooking. We tried pizza pockets in the sandwich press and then pie filling in the press...so yummy!  Also fun were waffle cones filled with marsh mellows and chocolate chips then melted over the fire, super good!!!

A ton of outside goodness!!!

 A lot of hugs/pets/kisses for Dixie the dog!

Love this picture of our ladies!  They rock and totally make all the work to go camping worth it.
(I know that I use the words 'fun' and 'awesome' a lot but the weekend was just that...fun and awesome),

~ Mrs. P

No comments: