We just returned from a wonderful weekend away in Vancouver, celebrating cousin Arland marrying his sweetheart Naomi. There was some family time, fun time, romantic time, sleeping time and quiet time ha! I will totally admit that as the weekend approached I was excited to get away and have Mr. P all to my self but I was feeling a bit of sadness that we weren't bringing the girls along. We have never left both before, or for that length of time. As we left there were tears....from only me!!!! Our trusted babysitter Elyse gave me a big hug but the tears kept rolling until we hit the highway. The girls were absolutely fine with us leaving, they had fun weekend plans it was just their sappy mom.
We flew into Vancouver and caught a late dinner at a fantastic Greek Restaurant and really that meal started our weekend off right, AWESOME. The third floor of the hotel was full of our family and we visited, showed cell family pictures and laughed....love family...tons of joy in family!!!
The rain that was predicted for the weekend subsided and Friday was a beautiful day. We celebrated with Arland & Naomi as they begin their married days together :) they are a lovely couple and looked stunning as they walked out of the Langley Temple.
We did our own little photo shoot of sorts ha!
We also went for a drive and found our way to the Fraser River, had some chill, quiet time together enjoying the beauty.
The weather really did end up being spectacular and the grounds were beautiful, spring flowers and such lush green gardens.
We opted to extend the weekend and take an extra night in Vancouver, so we stayed down at Grandville Island. Hit the Vancouver Flea Market and had some gelato. I seriously LOVE the dude that I roll with. Even though I did cry leaving our kids, he is the funnest to be with. He is my #1 and it was awesome to be able to spend timewith just him AND it doesn't hurt that Grandville Island rocks!!!!
We returned home to happy girls! I was greeted with cards and lots of Mother's Day LOVE. It was a great weekend!!!!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment