We started a new tradition - a Back to School Dinner!!!!
I had been thinking about what I wanted to share with our girls on our special night. Graham and I talked about the things we wanted to convey to our wee ones, especially our big girl as she went off to school for the first time. The girls wanted us to have spaghetti with meatballs, yummy salad, bread and rootbeer floats of course. We read the 'Kissing Hand' and 'We Like Kindergarten' both of which are darling. For the 'Kissing Hand' I drew hearts on Stella and Amelia's hand and then they each took turns drawing on ours....yup I was holding in the tears. We didn't get the 'Have You Filled A Bucket'' but we have read it since as it is a philosophy used at Mia's school. I had a few favourite parts of the evening but one was giving each of the girls a necklace with CTR, for Choose The Right. They have been worn daily :). It was a lovely, lovely night.
The girls got a blessing from Graham and it was the perfect way to finish off our special dinner. Love them so much and feel blessed!!!!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment