School Christmas Concert
To say that both Amelia and I were excited for her first Christmas concert would be an understatement :) We felt lucky that Great-Grandma Hinko could be there and a sad because our Dad was in Finland for work. Technology is amazing in that I took video with my phone and sent him pictures too so he was able to enjoy her performance from across the world. Amelia's class performed with the other morning and afternoons kinders, so there were around 60 little people belting out the songs they had practiced, it was darling. We got a picture with Amelia and her music teacher, who also happens to play the violin (coolness!!!!). Ms. F played the violin as prelude music and I couldn't help smiling, taking in the melodic sound, watching the younger brothers and sisters quiet down and listen as her bow slid across the strings.
Songs included:
Rudolf the Red nose Reindeer
Away in a Manger
We Wish you a Merry Christmas
M-E-R-R-Y C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
Joy School Nativity Party
Can I just say that our Joy School group ROCKS!!!!! We actually had enough for two little groups of four this year so are usually divided but decided to get together for holiday celebrations because being together sometimes is just so wonderful. It was fantastic :) We did a quick performance for the mommas and sang a beautiful song called Mary's Lullaby with the iPad accompanying us.
Can I just say that our Joy School group ROCKS!!!!! We actually had enough for two little groups of four this year so are usually divided but decided to get together for holiday celebrations because being together sometimes is just so wonderful. It was fantastic :) We did a quick performance for the mommas and sang a beautiful song called Mary's Lullaby with the iPad accompanying us.
First Violin Recital Christmas Edition
Oh my this was darling!!!!!!!!
Our girl was a bit nervous, perhaps because it would just be her and her teacher Hazel. We did lots of talking about it and Amelia ADORES Hazel so even though there were a few tears when I brought her back stage, she walked out confidently to perform with a big smile, violin under her arm all professional like, gave a little wave then got all focused. She played Jingle Bells and I dare say she received quite loud applause for a recital! She did soooooo good, finished up with a little bow and was all smiles for the rest of the night. Her teacher Hazel is in university to be a Music Teacher and there is some mutual adoration going on there. Hazel calls Amelia Miss Mouse and asked if she could take Amelia to meet her parents....it was rather adorable! On Amelia's second lesson Hazel played her 'Let it Go' and I had tingles knowing that Hazel would help show Amelia her potential, the potential of the instrument and helping a love of music (that was already there) to grow. It is beautiful!
Grandpa Ed and Maureen were able to come see the recital, pretty special!
Serious enthusiasm going on here!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!
Ballet Christmas Recital
The song 'Suzie Snowflake' was never more enchanting then having little ballerinas perform a darling routine to it! The adorableness was off the charts. Our ballet beauty did a fabulous job remembering the routine and being graceful.
Little Sister Hot Chocolate Date with Momma
Little sister has been a wonderful sidekick through the holiday season. Her and I are pretty much inseparable! No, for reals the woman and I really love one another. With Graham being away, lots of evening concerts etc and our routine being different I knew that our little miss might need some extra loving, she is a routine needing woman. A special hot chocolate date was just what we both needed.
Little sister has been a wonderful sidekick through the holiday season. Her and I are pretty much inseparable! No, for reals the woman and I really love one another. With Graham being away, lots of evening concerts etc and our routine being different I knew that our little miss might need some extra loving, she is a routine needing woman. A special hot chocolate date was just what we both needed.
Joy School Reindeer Party
Five kiddos wearing antlers freeze dancing to Christmas music, doesn't get much cuter. Also playing with the nativity costumes was a highlight. This angel pic makes me smile for some reason.
Five kiddos wearing antlers freeze dancing to Christmas music, doesn't get much cuter. Also playing with the nativity costumes was a highlight. This angel pic makes me smile for some reason.
Gingerbread House Making at School
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE any opportunity to be in Amelia's class. It is the fun-est!!! Gingerbread making, I was totally into it. It is fun to get to know the kiddos and be part of some of the special things she does at school. I also went another day when they sewed stockings with their grade 6 buddies. It was nice to meet her buddy CJ, who I have heard so much about :P
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE any opportunity to be in Amelia's class. It is the fun-est!!! Gingerbread making, I was totally into it. It is fun to get to know the kiddos and be part of some of the special things she does at school. I also went another day when they sewed stockings with their grade 6 buddies. It was nice to meet her buddy CJ, who I have heard so much about :P
Ward Christmas Party
Our youth from church were the 3rd and final group to use the nativity costumes our family has. It is a privilege to get to serve the young peeps in our ward. How do you get Young Men and Young Women pumped to dress up and on time??? Offer a first come, first picks for beards and cool costume accessories :) The youth rocked it!!! They even used Gramma and Grandpa Hudkins script.
That is a wrap for parties, recitals and concerts this year. It was busy but good!
~ Mrs. P


No comments:
Post a Comment