I am a big hand holder.
I
love holding Graham's hand, such a special way to physically be
connected. I love holding my little ladies hands as we walk together.
When they were babies, while nursing I would hold their hands. I love
to hold my Granparents hands when we visit and I sit beside them. I
love when my Dad reaches over and holds my hand when I pour out my heart
to him about whatever is troubling me. There is such special connection
with a hand hold and it is such a gentle gesture of care or concern to
touch someone's hand.
The
other night my Stella Bella was having a hard time falling asleep and
asked if I would come and be by her bed, so of course I assumed the
position. My head resting on her big pink decorative pillow that we
toss to the side each night, I turned to face her and we held hands.
Often she will want a back rub or want to hold hands. Sometimes I will
have my phone in my pocket and I regret to say lately I haven't really
taken time to 'treasure the moment' but rather hold her hand, humming
primary songs, looking at my phone eager to have time to myself BUT
tonight I watched her blue eyes until they closed and we held hands, I
admired her big girl hands. We smiled back and forth a few times, I
couldn't help but give her more Eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses
looking at her sweet face. This makes me think about that saying, "the
days are long but the time is short". Ohhhh my babies are growing so
big, I can scarcely believe that they are four and nearly six!!!! Good
thing they like to hold hands with me, I think I will try and hold their
hands even when they are teenagers ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment