Graham has been working late so it is just the women and I most evenings, some nights seem so long and we miss him. While going solo I had a moment the other night where I realized that cuddling and stories are not going to last forever, yep it made me cry. We have our bedtime routine and after prayers and kisses and last minute drinks of water I will read to them, sitting in the hall with the bathroom light shinning. We are currently on the last book in the 'Fudge' series by Judy Bloom. The girls think Fudge is so funny and I love getting to share with them books that I love.
Almost always Amelia falls asleep first and then sometimes Stella will ask if I can hold her hand. Parenting is full of such hard stuff and such good stuff.
I put up this vinyl quote the other day in each of the girls' rooms above their growth charts because as their momma there are times when I just want them to stay little, no more growing!!
~ Momma P
No comments:
Post a Comment