Saturday, January 23, 2016

ice on Whyte


 

Oh what do you do in the winter time when all the world is white?

You go check out ice sculptures and slide down ice slides, that's what. 


The weather has been glorious for January so we headed into the city to check out Ice on Whyte.  Ice sculpting artists from around the world come to compete by chiseling, sawing and using other crazy techniques to create some seriously beautiful art.


There wasn't a ton for kiddos but it is always nice to experience something new.


We were delighted that there was a spot available on the wagon after we parked so we climbed up and the little women were thrilled!


Our women weren't super pumped for the slides but we encouraged/made them join us.  They are just cautious, in the end it was worth it because it really was a highlight.




Graham and I had booked a sitter for the evening so got stamped and went back to Ice on Whyte in the evening after dinner. The sculptures with lights at night, so beautiful. WE LOVE WHYTE AVENUE!  It is probably one of my favourite places for a date night. Tons of restaurants to choose from, interesting and very eclectic stores. It always brings me back to my university days ~ sigh ~ those were some good times, saying that I LOVE where we are in life now. That time as an individual and then as a couple was a pretty great time and whyte ave makes me think about it.   I had sooooooo much to talk to Mr. P about as he has been working late almost every day since Christmas break.  I process things by talking and had been craving his listening ear, so I talked it off.  It was Saturday so CHIANTI, our restaurant of choice had almost an hour wait which wasn't a worry for us because Chapters is right across the street.  Can I just note that days like these are good for the soul. We had a wonderful family day of fun and then the Mr. and I had an evening to ourselves. 

Things have been weighing heavy on my mind with some guidelines the government has asked school boards to create policy with.  It was not fun stuff and the guidelines were way out there, so I read a ton wanting to feel educated and then composed letters.  I wanted to contact officials at the school board and government.  I felt it was my duty and couldn't just sit by but it was all pretty emotional, it felt right and I needed to do it BUT it requires work sometimes to 'Stand For Truth and Righteousness'.

~ Mrs. P

No comments: