Friday, August 26, 2016

lovin summer, had us a blast!

'Easy going' isn't a phrase I would use to describe myself but summer makes me feel light hearted and the lack of schedule means life is more chill...I am striving for easy goingness. We have been loving summer and having a blast.  We have had so many adventures, most of which I have tried to capture on the blog, some I still need to.  I had high hopes when we made our 'Summer Bucket List', it turns out though some of the best things we did weren't even on our list ;P    My friend has changed up the list idea so instead they record the fun things they end up doing, next year perhaps we will do it that way.  I like completed lists!!


I wanted to highlight a few of the things we were really 'into' this summer and a few things we tried out.  
Perler beads were a big hit!  I have pulled them out before with minimal interest but this summer has been the summer of popularity!!!! We pull up patterns of google and copy.  We have a few Shopkins made up that are sooooooo cool ha



 I hope the day never comes when painting isn't a top creative choice for my girls.  They are lovers of painting, anything goes....canvases, rocks, paper, you name it they will paint it. I love their desire to create beauty.  Just a few of the creations that now grace our flower beds.

 Let the technology get used ;) Oh, this is always a bit of an internal battle for me.  There are great apps on the ipad, informative videos on youtube, shows on netflex that I like, some great websites used at school that we use at home but then I also want them to be playing in the backyard, using their barbie house, imagination and craft supplies.  The thing is they do ALL of it. Always seeking a balance with technology as the days ebb and flow.



 Amelia is a great a story writer and before she went to spend the weekend with Gramma and Granpa Hinko she wrote a story about a fire which caused us to evacuate up to Fort McMurray.  It was definitely a moment of insight into her thoughts, although we didn't have to leave our city or home in the spring she recognized and was absolutely aware that having our family living with us was because they had to leave and could not go home.

Two things we tried to continue to do is read daily, scriptures and have a bit of a morning routine.  We have NOT been super awesome at this but we try. I love these little women so darn much and want to always do my best for them, with them.  I liked this 'Morning Five' idea so we did, each writing the five things we would do every morning.


I also found this awesome list of '100 Places to Read'. The list is full of such fun ideas of places to go curl up and read. There is so many good ideas out there.


The crafting and creating really is a daily occurrence at our house.  The girls are getting to ages were they can use the scissors, pull out their paints and supplies creating with little direct supervision.  I do love Pinterest so if they ask to do a craft we will huddle around my phone and pick something they want to try from Pinterest. Truly no need to reinvent the wheel when other genius creative people have done something that we can just copy!


 One of my favourite things was when Stella asked to do a pretend Christmas (a girl after my own Christmas loving heart)!!!!! She drew a little tree and cut it would while I cut up a banner and we both drew snowflakes on it.  The real cuteness go going after we hung it up and the ladies went and got all decked out in winter gear, pretty darn cute.

We don't bike far, but we like biking together!  I am super pleased that I received a bike for Mother's Day so I can keep up to these gals :)

Fort building and bunny playing for the win!  Amelia wanted to have a pj day so I obliged. I am a wake up and get ready kind of person (unless I am doing heavy duty cleaning) so hanging around all day in pjs was definietly a fun novelty. I love these smiles!!

AND here is the collateral damage of our summer adventures...
tons of laundry and chaos in our house BUT it has been so very worth it.
We have loved having our extended family around us but were happy for them when they could finally return to their home.
We have loved seeing new things as our little fam of 4 and having some adventures this summer.

 

Love summer and am sad to see it go. I love having my babies with me everyday having adventures and even doing the mundane together. 
Our motto for 2016 is
FAMILY FOREVER ~
Work Together
Play Together
We really tried to live by that this summer in the things we did. 
I love this little crew of mine.

 



~ Mrs. P

No comments: