ZOO Treasures Camp happened this week.
We came home from our family road trip to Winnipeg on Sunday and they were booked to attend camp at the Valley Zoo for the week starting that next morning, Monday from 9am-4pm and to be honest, I didn't want them to go!!!! We have had a busy summer in a good way but selfishly with school starting soon I just wanted to keep them to myself. This growing up business is heart breaking BUT as we must do, I said a prayer each morning with them and then by myself for them and sent them off.
They went and had an absolute blast!
I had read in a parenting book once (I have a night stand full of parenting and self help hahahaha) that a three year age gap has psychologically shown to be the best between siblings, most people want two years, some plan for less......well we just got what we got!!! Two years apart for our two women has proven again and again to be a blessing. They share many of the same interests and are both big animal lovers. Luckily they could attend the same program Zoo Camp Treasures, pirate maps and lots of close encounters with animals. We counted throughout the week and they were able to touch, like actually touch 13 different animals. It was pretty awesome! The animal journal they brought home at the end of the week is a treasure itself. They were also rather fortunate to attend with good friends Nathantiel (a womb buddy - his momma and I were pregnant together) and Finley a long time friend.
I asked them to act like their favourite animal, they are hilarious!!!
When I dropped them off they hugged me, smiled and went to start colouring. Goodness!!! stella did say she wished she had more time to play at home but happily went to camp each morning because it was so darn cool and everyone cam out with big smiles and lots of stories. Worth every penny. I also want to note that each day the girls wore some kind of animal clothes and the adorableness was off the charts :)
~ Momma P
No comments:
Post a Comment