We have a new puppy that we named Tessa Anna Polischuk! She was born October 28th and joined our family TODAY!!!!! We are all so thrilled.
We have wanted another dog for a while now but nothing seemed to click or seemed quite right. Three days ago we looked up Mini Schnauzers again and when we came across Christian Doodles and saw Tessa's picture I kinda just knew! I have looked at other breeders and follow them on Facebook, we had visited the Humane Society, my cousin has dogs she plans to breed, I even follow some rescue groups. We made a list of questions and called that night and Karen and I talked for over an hour. I learned that our pup had actually had a deposit from another family but because of a medical emergency they could no longer take her so it was literally that same day that they had changed her availability for adoption. Crazy how things work out sometimes!!! We had intended to just put our names a list for a pup and here we are three days later with our little sweetheart at home. She is exactly the right girl for us!
We decided to surprise our girls and wow was it hard to keep my excitement hidden from them because I looked at the puppy pictures Karen had texted me probably x10 a day! We had to be sneaky about getting the dog supplies we needed so went out after bedtime and then today I texted Graham that we still needed a leash as he was on his way home from work. He was able to leave work early so we could go pick her up. All we told the girls was that we were visiting our friend who has dogs! It was pretty darn awesome when we asked if they thought we should bring her home to our house!!!!!!
There have been moments like this tonight where the love shows on everyone's faces. Between Graham and I we spent the evening just cuddling our sleeping Tessa, it had been a busy day. We reminisced about our Tony and Tula, about the puppy stage and how they are like babies in so many ways. I just snuggled her on the love seat as she laid tummy up nestled into the crook of my arm, I read my book as she dozed. She is the perfect fit for our family!! If we aren't going to have anymore real babies this little fur baby is an excellent addition to our family.
~ Mrs. P






1 comment:
Congrats guys!! She's sweet!
Post a Comment