So this past weekend was very special for us, Amelia was blessed!
It was wonderful, so very special to have Graham hold Amelia and along with other worthy priesthood holders give OUR baby a name and a blessing. Just thinking about the many blessings that Graham has been apart of - but this time giving the blessing to OUR little girl! So wonderful (did I already say that)!!! The dress was worn by cousin Jacey and made by my mom of course. The dress actually has fabric from my mom's wedding dress and also extra fabric from my wedding dress, mom has some serious skill. I wanted to feed the lady right before sacrament and have her tummy full in hopes that she would sleep, no such luck but she didn't make a peep during the blessing. Graham said that her little eyes were wide open just listening, oh we love her so much. We had tons of family join us for her blessing and then for a BBQ at our house after, the pictures were taken in our backyard. The sun was shinning and the sky was blue, a lovely day. It was bliss!
Because the dress will be worn by all the girl cousins I wanted Amelia to have something special just for her, something that she could keep that was just from her blessing. I found a white head band and little crochet white booties with a pink flower - the booties her dad and I actually bought the day we found out we were having a girl. The funny thing was that I forgot to put on the little booties before Graham brought her to the front of the chapel, so much for good intentions. She still looked super cute and I still put the headband and booties in her memory box, I'll just have to tell her how I held on to them while she was blessed. I also forgot to put them back on for the pictures, ahhhh oh well.
Grandma Hinko recorded the words Graham spoke and both Graham and I plan to write in the little journal we have for Amelia, it was such a wonderful day. The kind of day that is a glimpse of heaven for sure because one can't imagine any better kind of day!!
~ Jenny
1 comment:
The dress is beautiful! Looks like a wonderful day, so happy for you three. Congratulations :))
Post a Comment