Wednesday, September 16, 2009

End of Summer Highlights!!

The summer has gone by quickly but we have enjoyed the
sun and the things we've experienced with Amelia. The end of the summer always marks a few big things in our family; Graham and my anniversary and my birthday!! Actually they happen on the same day....when we got married it was the only day that really worked. So I was born August 29, 1981 and then we were married in the Edmonton Temple on August 29, 2002, Graham only has to remember one really, really important date. This year Graham did something fabulous, a total surprise to me, he took us to Banff for the weekend!!! It was super fun, we cruised the main street in Banff, I had a massage (Graham again shocked me with this special activity), we ate out, hung at the park and went swimming in our hotel's mineral pool. It was a great weekend, I loved being just the three of us!
It was also cousin Jacey's Bird-day, she turned one!!! Alyson made her cake from scratch and we celebrated in thier new house picnic style as they got the keys that day. Although I am so excited for the Bird Family I am a wee bit sad, I've so enjoyed having them live with us. My sister's are my best friends and my little Jacey Bird....I can't begin to express how dear that little girl is to my heart. Her and I spent lots of time cuddling while I lay on the couch with a big pregnant belly. My heart just fills when she puts her arms up for hugs or she wants to come to me. They will be missed but it was time for them to get to take that next step in life, HOMEOWNERS! The pic of the two girls is the night of Jacey's bird-day, they were just hanging out after the big party.
Our litte girl is a doll!! We are so inlove with her - do I write that every post? If so it is because it is true. The smiling picture is my favourite of her right now!! She brings such joy, I love playing with her and getting her to smile her toothless grin. She will look straight in your eyes with her little blue peepers, so adorable. We just love her so much!! We've been blessed this summer, I've been so blessed. Life is good!































~Jenny

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a blissful summer. You have a beautiful little girl! Miss u

Alison said...

Hey Jenny! Cute blog! Keep updating it...I love seeing pics of you and your family!
Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years!