Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Right on!! BUT wrong

When shoes were on the wrong feet growing up my mom would say 'one is going to Fort McKay and the other to Anzac' so I guess now I can say to Mia 'one is going to Lamont and the other to Sherwood Park'.
Gotta love independence! 
 It seemed like for awhile I may be dressing a 10 year old Amelia, she just had no interest in getting things on or off by herself (other short folk I know are continually pulling clothes off).   I would pull out two outfits and let her choose, she actually sorta cares about this and favors her Elmo dress.  I would also put out her shoes before we left but she had no inclination to do the dressing thing independently.  She would always say 'help please'.  Well things are starting to change around here. 
Ta da Amelia Ann put on her own shoes!!!! 
Granted she was still in her pj's and granted they were on the wrong feet but I had to praise with excitement 'Right on Mia'!!  Honestly, it was a big deal and I am proud of her.  She was beaming with pride and so was I!
Oh the things that make us happy.
~ Momma P

1 comment:

The Stannix's said...

Loved this post! She's so sweet! I always have to chuckle how 99.9% of the time kids put their shoes on the wrong feet. Love it!