Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Day Out With Thomas the Train

I LOVE IT that my sweet Amelia is a fan of Thomas the Train...he is tied with baby dolls as her top two favourite things, you can even ask her and she'll tell you.  I heard that the real deal train was coming to Calgary's Heritage Park and of course need to get tickets.  By the time I discovered he was coming all tickets were sold out, except if you purchased a hotel package -  so we made a weekend of it!!!!  Mr. P was still in Cuba so we invited cousin Kingston, Auntie Leslie and Uncle Mikel to join us.  Such fun!!! Seriously, I was so excited to see Amelia's face and be with the kids as they experienced the train ride and the various activities the park had to offer for the event.  Here are a few of the pictorial highlights:


Train tattoos & Mega Blocks Thomas Train building...

 Serious focus required and serious patience by Miss Stella.

A massive and I mean massive train set table!!  Oh and some crafty Thomas stuff which we were totally into of course.  Mia crafted, Kingston had extra train time and Stella continued to chill.

 Perfect picture ops...

 Oh the train ride!  I must say that when Amelia first heard the whistle she kinda freaked and told me she didn't want a ride anymore.  Coupled with the fact that our tickets were for 1pm (aka nap time) we had to tenderly negotiate the ride. It was all good once we finally got on and settled.

What a good uncle.

Mommas and the kiddos.

 Our only group shot where none of the little peeps are looking and my brother and I seem weirdly close, what evs still a memory.

Perhaps one of my favourite moments - Amelia dancing to the music.  It was so darling, etched in my mind forever as she did her one leg hop dance she does and mashed potato arm movements. 

Oh the awesome ride back to Edmonton...quiet!!!

A wonderful weekend!  So so fun watching the joy and fun your children have.  Feel thankful for my ladies and thankful to have family close so they can join us.
~ Mrs. P


No comments: