Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall Picnic at Grandma's

A wedding, a Mom/Dad date and adorable park playing fun but I'll share a few pics from our picnic today and save the rest for later.
 
We arrived back in Fort Mac late last evening and I must say the trip went well.  A handful of potty breaks on the road side and a 20 min pit stop at the school park in Grassland but we finally made it.  This last run to and from Edmonton was my first solo trip with the girls. Usually my brother, mother, sisters or sis-in-law have been able to join us, I was a bit nervous but we did it, survived it.  The trip down consisted of some spaz out crying (no not by me!) but the trip back was a breeze. The only tears shed were when we had to leave our Dad in Fort Saskatchewan, Amelia started and we all had moist eyes as we pulled away.  Boo on being apart.  Families are just meant to be together!  Thank goodness we know Mr. P is in good hands at Jon n Al's place and we are so grateful to have a place with my gracious parents.
 
I am a bit of a bummer to have around as I am fighting off a cold so we had a pretty mello day.  Ran a few errands with Grandma, filled prescriptions but finished the sunny fall day off hanging out in the backyard and having dinner picnic style.  I just love the mini picnic table, it is so darling! Perfect for little people. We have to enjoy these warmer days while we can because the leaves are a changing.
 

I just love, love, love how the table is a perfect size for them!!!!

This is how the 'big folks' have to sit at the picnic table, either not at all or straddling the seat. Hahaha so fun though!!!

 The funny thing about this pic is that Amelia loves talking about her bike, standing beside her bike, pushing her bike, even sitting on her bike but never really ever bikes very far on her bike....yet is instructing Stella on proper peddling procedure. Awesome!

 
Trying to enjoy the beautiful days while we can. The only thing that would make the evening better would be to have Mr. Prince Charming hanging out with us.  (Blah yes oh so cheesy but true!!)
~ Momma P


No comments: