Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beauty of the Earth in Autumn

 
 
Our time in Fort McMurray has come to an end.
There are many things said about this city in the north, often not very good stuff 
BUT just check out the view...stunning!
The city is centered around where two rivers converge, the Clearwater and the Athabasca Rivers to be exact. The downtown was built up around that point where they join in a valley.  Driving through town you drive down into the valley, then back up the other side.  Most people focus on the traffic, which yes is crazy but I say ESPECIALLY in the fall, just look up to the hills. 
The city has beautiful hills as autumn rolls in...stunning...I have no better word!  I stole these pics from my friend because they are so darn beautiful. 
 
THIS is the visual that comes to my mind when I think of Fort McMurray. Oh and perhaps the beautiful white snow covered trees of winter, also equally beautiful when looking up at the hills.
 
 
Thankful for the beautiful earth we live on!  That does sound a bit hippie but we are pretty lucky.
 
~ Mrs. P
 

No comments: