Happy 33rd Birthday our Big Birthday Boy!!!!
His special day started out much the same as any other 13hr shutdown work day but once he got home, look out we got the party started in our pj's!!! The girls and I created a little 'birthday in a box'. It was full of some small things he digs; itunes card, beef jerky, golf balls, Oilers sticky notes, new socks and a 6 pack of Diet Coke. (He recently bought a new TV for the bedroom which is his big gift to himself.) I had wanted the balloons to be helium filled so when he opened it they would come flying out but alas the lady wouldn't fill them because the girls had been playing with the balloons trying to blow them up. It turned out cute anyway. Both ladies did some drawing on the paper and eagerly anticipated daddy's arrival home.
I am usually a cake buyer but have recently been trying to get all domestic in the kitchen so Amelia and I made cupcakes and decorated them up. We used EVERY colour of sprinkles we owned and one bottle went flying across the kitchen, funny now but not really in the moment. She was pretty proud of the end result. It was a fun night, we hope he felt special. Amelia told him before he opened his birthday box to close his eyes and make a wish, she then had him do the same thing before he blew out the cupcakes...funny girl.
Had to high-five a successful candle blowing!
We totally love this guy! The day I arrived home from Vegas he started a shutdown and will likely be working the rest of November up until we head to Maui early December.
Yep, that is right Maui!! Wohoo!!!!! It will be a great way to relax together as family and kick off the holiday season.
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment