Monday, November 5, 2012

Vegas Baby!!

 
 
A girls weekend recently happened, woot woot!
Amy and I took off to Vegas.  We aren't what you would call 'wild' so the weekend was restful and pretty tame.  Neither of us are gamblers either so we didn't even play, we just sat down and each took pictures ha!!! We did however see an AWESOME concert, Garth Brooks.  It was just him and his guitar, in a small theatre - seriously soooo good!  I am a fan but Amy LOVES the dude and rated his concert 3rd in her life after the birth of her children, her wedding day and then Garth currently resides in the number 3 spot of great life experiences.  So funny, but a very good concert!
 
There was a lot of chilling out, taking our time and just visiting.  Wonderful!  We arrived late Friday night on different flights, checked in then grabbed food and abruptly got on 'Vegas Time'.  Each morning I slept in, Amy tried and then we enjoyed leisurely eats...both of which don't happen when your kiddos are with you (sleep ins or leisurely eating).  We both missed our people but it was only a few days and our wonderful men took care of things on the home front.

 


Love these pics of us with the characters.  It was like Amy was a magnet to street performers, she tried to have a stay-away vibe but it backfired.  Hilarious!  I posed with Elmo because my little Stella has recently become a fan.

 I was trying to do an Elvis lip, it didn't work out!!!
 
I just made Amy pose here, she would never!

Fun Fact: The first time Amy and I went up the Eiffel tower was actually together in Paris during a trip in High School, almost 15 years ago.  Amy suggested we go up the half size Vegas version, a fun redo of Paris.  Such a good idea!  If I had our grade 11 travel club pics in digital it would be proof that we look EXACTLY the same! Yes, that is right EXACTLY the same!!



 A LOT of shopping took place.  Mostly for our girls and family or Christmas but we each made a few personal purchases.  Here is Amy posing with her stylish new purse.  BTW a new purse was loooooong over due for the girl and where better then Vegas to find a new one!  I can always influence Amy into getting rid of 'old' stuff.

 
Ohh the yummy crepes we would snag for breakfast-lunch!! Vegas time remember!
 
Just us.
 
It seems so high school to write BFF but she is an old friend, a good friend, a treasured friend!  Many life experiences have been navigated with one another.  We were each others Maid-of-honour and really our friendship feels a lot like sisterhood, solid, enduring and always without judgement.  I feel darn lucky to have her!
 
~ Jenny


No comments: