I love this time of year! I love the gift giving, I love decorating n crafts and I really love the preparations to spend time with our family. I always want things to be special and I love traditions. I will admit that I can go a little extreme with dorkiness but I proudly bare the family nickname Martha Stewart and take Christmas prep seriously. The following are a few of the things we made up for the holidays. These days a majority of my activities come from pinterest, which is an endless source of inspiration. The Polischuk Peeps have really enjoyed the Christmas season!
Tissue Snowmen - These awesome crafting ladies were all over the tissue paper and glue, we added a snack to the table and boom an afternoon well spent! Always fun with cousin Camila.
So proud of their creations.
Oh painted wreath - Mia is a funny girl, loves the paint...seriously loves the paint! We plan to fancy up the canvas' with marker drawn ornaments, no picture yet.
Beaded Candy Canes - We nibbled on canes whilst making canes, fun. Again with the snacks while crafting, we apparently can't do anything without food along side us. Our dear friend Finley joined us while we got our patterning craft on. Yeah we still need to work on patterns, red then white then red did not always appear on our pipe cleaners. Ha!
Reason for the Season Nativity - We had an impromptu JoySchool where each child was able to made these wooden nativity sets. The Momma Jodi who organized went hardcore painting the wood for us so we just cut out the pics and modge podged. So awesome and very fun to be together with some great kiddos and mommas. Joy School starts again in January and our fam is totally looking forward to it.
Napkin Rings/Seating - We really do dig the paint and we are also big fans of reusing toilet paper rolls (we save every single one). These sweet reindeer were made up one afternoon and you can see by the faces that our large family was a bit much for the three year old. In the interest of time I just finished off the faces. I love that Amelia wanted to make Grandpa Rudolf, cuteness!
They turned out pretty sweet!
Lovely Cranberry Ice - Ok, this is where my family starts to make fun of me, but the end result looks so pretty in a glass. I had read that if you use boiled water the ice freezes clear, which I thought would be nice so I did it and IT IS NOT TRUE! Still looked pretty in our glasses though.
Neighbor gifts - We went around our hood and wanted to 'Whisk' our neighbors a Merry 'Kiss'mas!! I can take no credit for this adorable idea, it is copied. I also have started hole punching Christmas cards and putting them on a ring so I can easily look through them and enjoy. Cards are one of my all time favourite traditions.
Signage - A friend had bought a bunch of kitchen cabinets and another friend has a Silhouette that cuts vinyl. I had seen this years ago and always wanted to make a sign with those words to have near my nativity set. Beautiful, certainly the reason we celebrate!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment