I guess it was inevitable that this phase would eventually come along and the 'Princess Culture' has hit our home hard. At first I kind of had mixed feelings, don't get me wrong I am a girly girly but want our girls to be well rounded women not just focused on outward beauty. A guy that Graham works with had even said to him he wouldn't let his girls get obsessed with beautiful princesses and happily ever after because that just isn't reality. Eeeek! Harsh!
I have concluded something different. I WANT our girls to focus on beauty- inner beauty and I want them to feel that they deserve to treated like a princess, worthy of a happy ever after. In turn they should seek a wonderful prince (insert cheesy tone but serious eyes), who possesses great qualities and then work together towards a life of happiness. As I type this I want this to happen in like 25-30 years!!!
Bottom line I am embracing the culture, I even bought princess Christmas ball ornaments and recently princess shampoo (which is gross by the way). A friend suggested a great book: 'Real Bible Stories of God's Princesses' by Carolyn Larsen, it is sooooooo good. It is a fabulous book about the women in the bible and the attributes they poses, excellent! We are choosing to look at this dive into princess culture as a fun phase and make sure that we talk about how patient and kind Cinderella is, not just how beautiful. I must say it is super fun to dress up and put tiaras in my little ladies hair! Clearly though the day I snapped these pics, we hadn't done our hair or gotten out of pj's yet.
Oh our sweet little princesses, they are so deserving of happily ever after! Very lucky to have them.
~ Momma P
1 comment:
Loved this post Jenny! Very well put. It reminds me of a talk president Uchtdorf gave (maybe at a YW/RS broadcast) called "Your Happily Ever After". So lucky to have little girlies!
Post a Comment