Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Making Happy Memories in the Midst of Laundry

Some silly snaps of happy laundry 'helpers'.  Yes, that is right 'helpers'.
 


 
In all my geekiness I am reading a book called 'The Happiness Project' by Gretchen Rubin and it is awesome.  It has inspired me in a ton of ways and really has me thinking about my children, how do I help them develop healthy habits of being happy people? She focused for a year on learning to be more HAPPY!  It almost sounds silly but the research she shares and the insights she gained are fascinating.  Something that has recently been a light bulb to me is my obsession with photographing our ladies BUT here is the thing - people who have pictures of happy memories AND look at them frequently or are surrounded by pictures of happy memories are more likely to focus on the good memories instead of the depressing memories.  This was added incentive to keep capturing the sweetness of our days, our ladies and all of their silliness.  Incentive to work on my family albums and get them printed and then enjoy looking through them (which they totally do).  Anyway it was a good light bulb moment,  I want to help my women in anyway possible to be happy people.

 
Rubin also talked about taking the time to enjoy the things, sometimes little silly things that bring our children joy.  Again a light bulb,  I try to be present and cherish them but striving to look at things through their eyes is a good goal.  I want to try to put aside my adult agenda a little more as I try to rush through my to do list... instead, stop and enjoy the soft pile of clean laundry. These pics of my girlies also made me think of this quote from President Thomas S. Monson;
Mrs. P

No comments: