I feel like I am in a bit of a winter funk.
Just a bummer sorta feeling, lack of patience, scatterbrained kind of funk. Also a heavy heart for loved ones struggling. I usually CHOOSE focus on the positives of my day but I have found myself just being a grump lately.
I am not the kind of wife I would like to be.
I am not the type of mother I would like to be.
I love being a wife and mother. I love that I am able to be at home with my girls but goodness sometimes it is hard. I do try to stay positive and see the good, just be happy...a life challenge I'm thinking. I am not perfect but if I say a prayer, march on and focus on the positives I know I can move past this grumpy funk. So I guess this post is a pep talk for myself!! Ha I am totally a person who needs validation and encouragement, motherhood is tricky in that regard. The feedback is in the form of hugs and kisses yes, but there is no professional evaluation. Also, my co-worker (Mr.P) is gone from home most of the day boo. Anyway, just a little of my funk coming through. Things are actually pretty good around here, we are so blessed; health, a good job, a lovely home and two BEAUTIFUL daughters. Graham returned from his Phili/Pittsburg Boys Weekend and has had to work late every night, oh and Stella is super clingy - so much so that I dug out the sling and have needed to carry around my almost 2 year old girl in order to get things done. Ahhh a little more grumpiness just squeezed through! I read the following today and it helped.
Serve "the least of these" means,
serving your family counts! Matthew 25:35-40
So things around here are certainly not perfect
but they are good.
~ Mrs. P

1 comment:
Ah Jenny, glad I'm not the only one in a "funk". Hope things start looking up. You are a wonderful Mamma and I look up to you a lot! Thanks for sharing this post.
Post a Comment