Be near
me Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay
Close by
me for ever, and love thee I pray.
Bless all
the dear children in your tender care,
And fit
us for heaven to live with thee there.
~ Lyrics
from Away in a Manger
There is something so magical about sharing Christmas with children and seeing their excitement, for Santa. It is beautiful to watch them grasp the true reason we celebrate, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.
We had a very intimate Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning, just our little crew of four. It was special to be able to lay low. Of course we love our extended family but it was neat to kinda do our own thing this year.
We spent CHIRSTMAS EVE making a few last minute deliveries to neighbors and friends, because we were sick the whole week before everything was just sitting on the kitchen counter and I felt it would be a bit anti-climatic to deliver after hahaha! According to two of my friends Amelia's little buddies loved our 'Merry Christmas and a Happy Root Beer' gifts (we are totally root beer people), awesome!! Oddly, I hadn't really planned for dinner that night and not surprisingly when we asked the girlies, what to do they request? McDonalds!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, so we had Christmas Eve dinner at the Golden Arches. Fun, more traditional stuff happened after dinner. The girls each received a video message from Santa, we left a note for him and then finished off the night by reading the Christmas Story from Luke. It was chill and nice, the excitement almost palpable.
Some snapshots of our family at McDonalds ha!
We spent CHIRSTMAS EVE making a few last minute deliveries to neighbors and friends, because we were sick the whole week before everything was just sitting on the kitchen counter and I felt it would be a bit anti-climatic to deliver after hahaha! According to two of my friends Amelia's little buddies loved our 'Merry Christmas and a Happy Root Beer' gifts (we are totally root beer people), awesome!! Oddly, I hadn't really planned for dinner that night and not surprisingly when we asked the girlies, what to do they request? McDonalds!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, so we had Christmas Eve dinner at the Golden Arches. Fun, more traditional stuff happened after dinner. The girls each received a video message from Santa, we left a note for him and then finished off the night by reading the Christmas Story from Luke. It was chill and nice, the excitement almost palpable.
Some snapshots of our family at McDonalds ha!
Some of my favourite peeps right down here!!!!
Just our little fam jam on Christmas Eve.
What a wonderful season.
I tried playing around with my camera this year, clearly I am no pro. I just wanted to have softer pictures that captured the warm feeling in our home. We are very blessed!!!
Bags of books and a bit of loot under the tree. Yeah for Christmas Eve!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment