Monday, December 16, 2013

the NUTCRACKER ballet



THE NUTCRACKER BALLET DATE
 
I have never been to the ballet but have always wanted to go. We purchased tickets for my sisters and the oldest girl cousins. I had visions leading up to our Saturday afternoon matinee, my big girl and I twirling in the lobby together because we were so inspired.  We had a 'big girls' date with Auntie Leslie, Auntie Alyson, Jacey, Amelia and I, it was wonderful!!!!!!! Well mostly wonderful, Amelia woke up with a fever so we gave her Advil and went anyway.  Poor girl was a bit emotional for our group picture and then actually fell asleep on Auntie Al's lap at the end, but we loved the music and saying which costume was our favourite, it was all so gorgeous. The costumes and dancing were just spectacular!!
 

 
They had crown decorating and beautifully decorated trees.  It felt magical and then when we found our seats and the orchestra started tuning and then the music began we were all mesmerised! It was so enchanting and whimsical, beautiful and frankly I am running out of descriptive vocabulary but it was almost beyond words.  An experience to be treasured for sure!!!


My big girl and I - so blessed to have her join our family!! Feel so lucky to do special things with each of my girls.  Oh they are precious, so precious. 
Amelia asked if we could have a dance party when we got home. We did. We twirled a lot.
 
~ Momma P

No comments: