Saturday, March 22, 2014

dress up divas

I have been thinking a lot about technology and how much screen time, how to monitor, how to empower, how to teach self-discipline, how to guide them in using all of the 'stuff' that is part of our lives....iPads, Leapfrog Explorers, iTouch, the computer and tv.....sigh.  I'll need to sum up my thoughts on that when we formulate a plan for our family, I've been asking everyone what their families do.  
 
So I  really love when imaginations run wild and the little women choose to dress up!  Often it is character we know, specific to a costume we have but not always.  Recently both girls have taken to making up pretend names and being different people, it is hilarious.  For instance Amelia just came to me and said her name was 'Maousa', totally a pretend name and character.  Often the names end with an 'a' sound like both of theirs do.  It is rather sweet.  
 

 
I must also admit that I never refuse their requests to wear crowns.  We purchased the FROZEN movie this week and I bought them each a new little tiara.  The movie and crowns were BIG hits!!!!  I love their girlieness and cherish these princess years.  We always talk about the attributes of a princess and I remind them that they are divine daughters of God, real life princesses.  I hope they internalize that and never lose sight of their great worth.  They are so precious and worthy of royal treatment, I pray they never settle for less.  They also have a responsibility to act and treat others in a way that is becoming of a kind, good princess.
 

 
I just love these goofballs. 
It always such fun with them. 
I have a cute video of Stella clucking like a chicken in Jacey's old costume.
 
~ Momma P

 





No comments: