Monday, June 2, 2014

FROZEN Birthday Party for the Big Girl


 It is no secret that I love parties!!!!!!!
I love the planning, the details and the opportunity to honour and shower someone with love!  Our Amelia Ann turns 5 this year and continues to be a FROZEN fan since watching the movie this fall.  Even though we had a FROZEN movie party at our house she still wanted to do her birthday party with the same theme. It was a blast!!  Amy tipped me off to Party City for some supplies so I went online asap to order a party pack (which I had never done before), totally worth it. I also made a few things and found a few things at the dollar stores.  A friend Krystal had done the same theme for her daughter so I bought a few posters and supplies from her.  Amelia and I were pleased with the result.

  It was a super special day for many reasons.

 Friends were greeted at the door and invited to enter Polischuk Palace where we gave them a crown and sash, inviting them into our Boutique for hair and nails.  They were so sweet and super excited to see all of the FROZEN decorations, because they were ALL totally fans too!! My sweet friend Kristi was planning to help Jacey, who was sadly sick but Kristi came anyway to help and is clearly adored.


 The princesses nibbled on blue candy (giving them blue tongues) while we styled hair and painted nails.  We had blue punch and blue jello, with a side of veggies as a mid party snack, yummy.

After the Boutique part of the party we had invited a few of our dude friends to join us because a special guest was coming and we knew that although nails wouldn't be fun for them, they would LOVE the guest. We moved downstairs for games as snack finished and our dude friends arrived.  After 'Pin the Nose on Olaf' they were having such fun playing together with the toys and Stella's new castle we didn't do any other structured games.  Gosh they were adorable!!!  It is soooooo fun having a bunch of little people you care about having a blast in your home :) Makes my heart happy!



This party will go down 
in Polischuk memory 
as E-P-I-C!!!!!!!!!!

 Elsa from FROZEN made an appearance at our party.

 She did a delicate, deliberate knock on the door and I quickly gathered all of the littles to join me up at the entrance.  When Amelia opened the door it was so AWESOME!  They were all so excited, they didn't even let her in the house.  They all gathered around her with such enthusiasm talking and asking questions. We were finally able to invite her in and I was just as enthralled as the children.  Elsa was stunning, gorgeous and perfect with beautiful details in her dress, cape, earing.....and goodness what kind eyes and a beautiful smile!!!!!!  I am almost lost for words at the wonderful moments that followed. Amelia was thrilled right along with the other little guests. So special!!!!

 Elsa was incredibly patient and kind, listening to each excited comment shared.  I had decorated the den with snowflakes and a swag, I also brought in the white bench so Elsa would have a place to sit.  They just gathered around her in adoration, so cute.  I had hoped that Elsa would read the FROZEN story book we have and she did which was super fun.  She also talked to the littles about inner beauty and the importance of how we act/treat others.  I can never do enough to drive this point home, especially at a party that starts by doing hair and nails ha!



 Elsa was seriously so wonderful!  Patient, kind and so engaged with each little person she spoke to. Such kindness!!!!!!!









 Can't have a birthday without cake!  I have just come to the realization that stressing about making the cake isn't worth it to me, so Safeway made up this beauty.  Amelia picked it out and we served it with ice cream in adorable little striped bowls I had found at the dollar store, yeah adorable and inexpensive.



 No party will do with out some dancing!!!!!
After ice cream we  had a little dance party and I was brought to tears (yes really) when they all sang 'Let It Go' with Elsa.

There was some twirling, dancing and also a little foose ball. 
Totally love that Nathaniel needed his foot to man one of his players, best ever!!!!

 Again, such kindness and goodness from Elsa.  
Before leaving Amelia wanted Elsa to come see her room. It was cool to me that Amelia was so proud of her bedroom and wanted to show her idol. I hadn't been aware before of the pride she took in the little things we've done to her room to make it special. They chatted in there and guests gathered their crowns, sashes and we gave them each a reusable plastic cup with stickers, bouncy ball and Elsa hair clips (for the girls) as they gave a farewell hug and departed.  It was such fun!!!!



 It was such a wonderful day, for Amelia especially but I think everyone had such a blast.  I also just had to include this sweet picture of Mia and her daddy! Can this guy be anymore awesome?!?  He will truly do anything for his girls. <3 all="" br="" them="">

It was fabulous, EPIC...my words are at a loss but I do know it was unforgettable!  
What a sweet girl to come as Elsa and have kids smiling, fawning you and chatting your ear off.  She was adored and I have thought this young lady was pretty rad before but goodness, to come to our party she is wonderful!!  It was such a special day.

~ Mrs. P

1 comment:

Jaren Molcak said...

WOW! this is a totally kick bum party! Brenna is so marvelous! And she totally looks like Elsa!