Each morning for the month of February the girls wake up and find two hearts in their mailboxes with a message from mom and a message from dad. It has become a special treasured tradition, yeah! The one morning I had forgotten it was sad, so it is clearly something the ladies look forward to having! It is a pleasure to sit together and discuss our ladies, the traits and attributes we see in them, contemplate our favourite things to do with them...it is just great to remind them "hey we think you rock and we love you!"
...Some of our greatest opportunities to demonstrate our love will be within the walls of our own homes. Love should be the very heart of family life... ~ President Monson
I think it is great to take any opportunity to remind those we love that "hey we love you"?!?! So I am hardcore. I few years ago I made our ladies valentine mailboxes that hang on our kitchen chairs and each year we have added either a craft to help us decorate or a special tradition that we can carry forward each year. A day devoted to love!? Yes please.
Top Row: melted wax crayon hearts, borax crystal hearts n shapes, kind words jar for expressing appreciation
Middle Row: cut and sew paper hearts, dollar store felt mailboxes
Bottom Row: canvas painting, white erase words for the people we love, 14 days of love notes taped to the door
Ohhh the month of love!!!!!!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment