Monday, May 11, 2015

shutdown blues

It has been a rough week.

It is likely a combination of a few things;
Graham has been working for 5 weeks straight,
it snowed,
I am stressing about speaking at city council regarding the zoning behind our house,
I have been researching bylaw stuff every spare minute,
I am trying to canvas the neighbourhood getting signatures for the petition,
not sleeping well because of all this AND
it is a certain time of month ha!

So here I am feeling a bit of the shutdown blues creeping in.  As I broke down the other morning (completely missing the pancake breakfast at Amelia's school) Mr. P shared a very boy analogy but I thought it was pretty good. He told me that often in golf you can get slip into a mid-course slump because you are tired or perhaps discouraged.  So when this starts to happen you adjust your swing, stop being sloppy and keep the end score you want in mind, don't get discouraged. I had to smile and then think about how I can apply this to the next 4 weeks.

I plan to keep smiling and striving to choose the happy things in my day to focus on.  It is easy when you are alone to mull over things too much, example this bylaw stuff. I am going to stay on top of Family Home Evening and continue to adhere to our family routines...Amelia has been praying as we drive to school with all of our morning business that is sometimes when we do it...those good things help keep us all in line.  The end goal, is the end of this shutdown and you can bet we are counting it down.  We LOVE Mr. P so darn much and while we are grateful he is working close, he is working a lot and we can't wait to have him around more.

~ Mrs. P

No comments: