Monday, August 31, 2015

school girl - First Grade



 

We had our back to school dinner Sunday night before our first day and as become tradition the kids picked the meal, homemade pizza and root beer floats.  Root beer floats are great to celebrate any occasion or make things just that much more special ;)  I had set a few books aside earlier in the summer and after reading them we finished up our special evening with blessings for both girls from their dad. There were sweet words of encouragement. Grateful that Graham can do that for them!

Last year the girls each got a CTR necklace with a butterfly and this year I was able to get these CTR bracelets made by a lady at our local Farmer's Market.  I love giving them a physical reminder to go and be a light in the world, stand tall and Choose The Right.  More and more I have to support and built up my wee ones at home and then pray for them as they go out and are beyond my arms reach or ear shot.

We had been away camping until Friday and really wanted to have the weekend to have some kind routine. I am so glad we could savor our last summer weekend together just the four of us.  Starting school was both sad and exciting!!!!  Sad because I LOVE hanging out with these women, it is truly such a privilege to get to be a momma, their momma and we have lots of fun together.  It is also exciting because I know how fun school can be and what growth and experience comes.  Grade one is just that next step or our little family -all day school- gosh I can't even believe how quickly the time has gone.  Amelia was sooooooooo excited, no tears or apprehension.  She would say that she "will be brave and but will miss us"....oh my heart! Everything was right ready for Monday morning and she got up and did her jobs without a hitch, smiling the whole time. It makes a momma proud!



 We parked together and did the cross walk, found old friends and they played at the park while we waited for the bell to ring.  Amelia was eager to find her locker and was soooooo thrilled to have her own desk!  My nervousness dissipated as she simply got to work on her sheet while I filled out the forms, there were big hugs for sister and a kiss for me (just like the kissing hand) and we were off, so quick and simple with big smiles all around.  Stella and I walked out with some other momma's and started our new routine, just her and I.  

Stella eagerly awaits her first Joy School day!

~ Momma P

No comments: