Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A 30th Birthday Fiesta

A few months back as I was contemplating turning the big 30 and had an idea....a fiesta theme complete with fireworks!!!  I thought having fireworks would distract me from the fact that I'd turned thirty.  The ideas started forming and with help from Graham and Alyson a kickin party evolved.  Family and a few friends joined us at my Grandma Hinko's farm.  It was such a fun night!

Favourite things about the evening include:
*tacos in a bag
*taking pictures of people wearing the mustaches & sombreros
*driving the quad and side-by-side through the hay field
*seeing the kids have fun
*pinata
*glow bracelets
*sparklers
*smores at the fire
*watching the fireworks wrapped up in blankets
*spending the evening with people I adore
Turning thirty has actually gone pretty good, I only shed tears once (that was in regards to my 30 before 30 List which has yet to be found - the fact I can't find it might give some indication as to the lack of completion and related sadness). 
On the actual day Graham surprised me by coming home early from work and sending me out for the afternoon to do whatever I wanted.  I took the opportunity to check out stores that you don't take short people into, it was nice.  I brought home take out and we spent the evening together as a family, we exchanged cards and it was just a wonderful day.  August 29th is actually our anniversary too...I'm devoting a whole other post to that!! 
It has been busy, busy around our house but wonderful.
~ Mrs. P

1 comment:

Garth said...

what a fun idea, happy 30th JD!