Tis' the Season of serious fun!
We have been pretty busy around the Polischuk's, so a quick recap is needed. I must say that I have love, love, loved prepping for Christmas with my little ladies. It has been wonderful!!! We have however missed Mr. P a lot, he's still working that crazy shutdown...that has not been very wonderful. But at least he can be home at night and he has a good job, gotta be grateful right?
Christmas Crafting
Amelia Ann is a big fan of the crafting and any time I was working on something for Christmas she needed a project too! She made cards and stamped wrapping paper this year. The hand print wreath on the left was made by cousin Kingston when we had a cousin craft date.
Christmas Chocolates
This picture is priceless! I caught the lady digging into the chocolates that I had in my room, it seemed a little too quiet down the hall and this was why. I told her that she looked like she had a 'chocolate beard', she thought that was hilarious and will still randomly bring up her chocolate beard in conversation and laugh about it.
Christmas Parties
Due to both the little girlies and me being sick in early December we missed all but one Christmas party. Our dear friends Scott and Marcie had a shin dig at their place. The festive spirit was totally there, they had things decorated so nice, the food was killer awesome and the company couldn't be better. Christmas is such a good reason to make time for friends and family.
Gingerbread Houses
Decorating gingerbread houses are definitely going to become tradition. It was such fun helping the wee folk create little sugar masterpieces. Mia was pretty particular about candy placement, Kingston loved the gumdrops and Jacey was super sneaky, popping the candies in her mouth any chance possible. It was such fun! The cheap teacher in me had us use graham crackers and milk cartons instead of buying the kits. The end result was pretty good I thought! Mia even made a couple of snowmen for the front of her house.
LIVE Christmas Nativity
I love that Amelia is a smiley girl now (she was a pretty serious babe)!!! Auntie Al invited us to go check out the LIVE Nativity performance in Spruce Grove. It was a wonderful way to refocus on the importance of the season and the reason...the birth of Jesus...remembering His life. Just Mia, Alyson and I had a little date. Of course we had to go visit the 'donkey' aka the pony after the performance. It was 15 min long, perfect for children and oh so beautiful to watch the story, see the costumes, hear the music and just feel the spirit. IT WAS AWESOME!!!
Neighbor Gifts
I always have fun creating little things for our neighbors and friends. This year we copied two ideas I had seen before, sadly I only snapped a pic of one.
For our neighbors : Pillsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls 'Hope You Have a GRAND Christmas'
For my VT friends : Jolly Ranchers 'Have a Holly Jolly Christmas'
I just love this time of year.
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment