I think that I have written this before but I'll say it again, creating traditions with my own little kidlets is something that I looked forward to and now love about motherhood. It warms my heart thinking and hoping the Polischuk Peeps will grow and cherish the things (sometimes dorkie) things we do as a family. So with Easter almost upon us I picked up a few supplies, boiled a dozen eggs and we spent some time decorating. Amelia really enjoyed it, Stella watched intently at a safe distance from any dye or breakable eggs. Mr. P even got home in time to catch the tail end of our egg-stavganza, consequently I am even in some pictures!!!
We used some bags and poured in some dye...tie-dyed was the supposed out come. Our not so much but still fun and totally contained the mess AND could mostly be done by little Miss.
Elastic band and then soak in the dye aka food colouring. This was less her, more me and resulted in dyed fingertips. Pretty cool.
Oh the classic crayon then dye. Pretty popular, except she kept wanting me to do the colouring. She may be a tad bit of a perfectionist.
Oh sponging on the dye. This technique/supplies came in a kit and was messy but very doable and hands on for our lady. She really got into it, but sadly we only had a few eggs left to do at this point. Good to remember for next year.
The end result. I have them in a pretty basket on our kitchen table now. We are pretty proud of them.
We only had one casualty which occurred early and was recycled into an egg salad sandwich. It was a success. Pretty pumped up for the egg hunt this year...thinking Amelia is going to totally be into it!!!
I love this pic of Stella, little pointer out. She was watching and spent part of the time chomping on an extra plastic cup. A fun day!
Mrs.P
No comments:
Post a Comment