We needed a fun, cool (literally) snack the other day, I looked in the freezer and had a flash to warm summer days on the farm. I had gotten the recipe from a friend and the summer I was 12 or 13 I probably made a batch of Orange Julius a day my two weeks at the farm, really a batch a day. We had orange concentrate in the freezer and so we pulled it out, grabbed the blender, the stool and went to it. The girls LOVE helping so they pressed the buttons, Stella covered her ears and we all enjoyed the end product. Also, don't fun straws make everything more awesome! Fun straws are a must I think :) Stella told Mia that they "should use the steps like a little table". Oh my girls how they rock!!!! Can I also just note at the adorableness of my baby girls' hand on my leg...not so babyish anymore....tear! They keep telling everyone that in the fall Amelia goes to Kindergarten and gets to take violin lessons (we scored a teacher) and that Stella get to go to Joy School AND they both get to do ballet. They are getting sooooo big, my heart!!!!
Orange Julius Recipe
6 can of frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water (more if needed)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ice cubes
***must not forget to make this more often
***must not forget to make this more often
~ Mrs. P


No comments:
Post a Comment