Monday, October 10, 2016

first snow day


I don't even have words for how much I love our women!  Our first snowfall happened over night and we woke Sunday morning with a blanket of white covering everything.  I LOVE that our back windows face a field and we watch the sun rise in the morning. This morning we watched it pink glow rise over glistening fields of white. Our last 3 homes have had the feature of facing east....it is almost a must for me now!  Anyway, no outside play happened because of church obviously and then I was in full Thanksgiving dinner prep mode after.  The girls were a tremendous help doing the place setting craft and setting the table, they did most of it actually.  I LOVE their willingness to help, they are getting so independent and it is both wonderful and sad. The girls were kind of sidetracked with our meal but at bedtime said they definitely wanted to get out in the snow.

We brought all of our winter gear with us when we drove Great-Grandma Hinko home to the farm, we knew the snow would be untouched and beautiful out there!!! It was. It was great fun playing with them, snow angels and the first snowman of the season.




The girls each were able to pick a pumpkin form Uncle Mark and Auntie June's garden, 23 pumkins from 3 seeds.....craziness!!  The girls also LOVE playing with their kitties.  It was just a great day.


~ Mrs. P

No comments: