Sunday, October 23, 2016

pumpkin carving as a family


We are sooooo close to seeing the end of shutdown and we all CAN NOT WAIT!!!!  

Uncle Mark and Auntie June let each of the girls pick out pumpkins form their garden harvest and we waited until Mr.P's night off to carve them.   Each of the ladies drew what they wanted carved out and a cute kitty and puppy were the end results!  It was hilarious that Amelia didn't want to touch the 'guts' this year so I had to attack the little lady with them hahahha.   While I toasted the seeds and Graham tidied the kitchen, the girls bathed by pumpkin light.  Each week when Mr. P gets to spend the evening with us it is a glimpse of normal and I (we) are so eager for him to be finished so we can get back to normal.   A tired dad and burned out mom and emotional kiddos can make for tenuous times.   I really try to center our family, doing the things we ought to, the things that I know are good for us all, shutdowns are hard though.  A few hours together a week just does not suffice when you love someone so much and like spending time with them. Graham works and sleeps, pretty much exclusively and we carry on at home without him.  We have many many blessings but it doesn't mean shutdowns aren't hard.  Thank goodness it is almost over!

~ Mrs. P

No comments: